Portfolio Manager - API and SOA Planning Governance
Portfolio Manager is an innovative Planning Governance product that helps ensure the alignment of SOA Programs with strategic IT investment and business objectives and make sure that enterprises build the right services at the right time.
Planning Governance helps enterprises achieve a quicker return on investment in SOA, making sure that they build to plan and build to priority. It allows them to understand dependencies between planned services and prioritize development appropriately, and build services based on current and planned needs according to a well thought-out program. Unplanned SOA Programs will fail because project-specific services will not be flexible enough to support generalized reuse, and without early success, application development teams won’t see the potential value in working to move to SOA and the organizational culture will not evolve as needed to support a successful SOA program.
Portfolio Manager is an SOA portfolio management product that helps customers optimize IT investment to become more agile and adaptable. It helps customers identify candidate services and build an SOA roadmap through SOA Modeling, Asset Identification, and a Portfolio Management process. To achieve these goals Portfolio Manager functions as part of unified SOA Governance automation suite. Portfolio Manager:
- Delivers packaged SOA planning governance methods and governance automation meta-models
- Dynamically represents current and future architecture models based on industry standards and internal definitions
- Leverages APQC business process frameworks to promote compliance with industry best practices
- Provides existing system capability discovery and candidate service identification
- Provisions prioritized services into Lifecycle Manager for Development Governance Automation
- Ensures that SOA portfolio management remains a continuous dynamic process
Portfolio Manager implements a 3 part process for Portfolio Management:
- Model current and target architectures
- Leverage industry best practice models including APQC
- Import existing models
- Integrate with existing modeling environments
- Identify assets from Governed Development Platforms and Governed Service Platforms
- Manage asset relationships
- Identify candidate services
- Prioritize service development
- Enforce enterprise architecture planning policies
- Create a service roadmap
- Provision prioritized services into SOA Software’s Lifecycle Manager for Development Governance Automation
For more information about how Portfolio Manager can help your business, please see Portfolio Manager Capabilities.